Correct Care Solutions is one of the nation’s premier correctional healthcare companies. Since January 1, 2008, CCS has contracted with Johnson County to provide medical care and mental health services to individuals incarcerated at Johnson County Sheriff's Office Detention Facilities.
- The Johnson County Sheriff's Office Detention Facilities are accredited by the National Commission on Corectional Health Care (NCCHC).
- Inmates are offered a medical screening upon arrival.
- The nursing staff provide around the clock care.
- A medical provider is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists and OB/GYN care is provided throughout the week.
- Mental health services are provided by three Masters Level Psychologists and Social Workers and the program is directed by a PhD level Psychologist. Mental health staff are on site Monday – Friday.
- Mental health staff are also available on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- A psychiatrist is on site 8 hours per week as well as on-call 24 hours/day, 7 days per week.
- Inmates access routine medical, dental, and mental health services utilizing the ASK kiosk system located in each housing module. All requests will be triaged for urgency by nursing and mental health staff within 24 hours and inmates will be seen in clinic within 48 hours or sooner as indicated by the triage process.
- Nursing staff respond to all medical emergencies announced in the facilities.
- Medical resources in the community, including Emergency Room, Hospitals and specialty clinics, are utilized when medically indicated.
- HIPPA regulations are followed in the facilities. Inmate medical information will not be discussed with unauthorized persons or entities.
- Inmates are subject to copays for some medical and nursing services. To include the following:
|Physician/Nurse Practitioner Clinic:||$10.00|
|Emergency Room Visits:||$10.00 per visit|
|Referrals to outside specialists:||$10.00 per visit|
$5.00 per day (maximum cap of 5 days per hospitalization)
- All inmates have access to and will be provided nursing and medical services regardless of their ability to pay the co-pays referenced above.
- Mental health services and provider clinics identified as chronic care are not subject to co-pays.
- There is a Discharge Medication Program in place and inmates are provided information on the program upon release from the facility.
Through a focus on quality of care, providing innovative solutions and unsurpassed customer service, CCS continues to differentiate itself from its competitors. Correct Care Solutions ensure all medical services meet or exceed standards as defined by NCCHC.
Correct Care Solutions
Need to Contact Us?
The Medical Information Form has been created for family members of inmates who wish to provide information to medical staff about their loved ones who are incarcerated. The form is intended as a one-way communication to Correct Care Solutions.
The completed form may be mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered to the Johnson County Adult Detention Center. Fax to 913-715-5979; or mail to Medical Staff, Correct Care Solutions, Inc., 27745 W. 159 St., New Century, KS 66031. You may also hand-deliver the form to the Johnson County Adult Detention Center located at 27745 West 159th Street, New Century, KS 66031.