The Sheriff’s Office Internship Program is designed to allow college students an opportunity to observe law enforcement operations, learn more about the law enforcement environment and be mentored by trained professionals. In addition, the Interns will learn about and participate in the various agency functions. This program is available during the fall, spring and summer semesters.
Internships at our Crime Lab provide mutual benefit for the intern and our lab, through original experiments, secondary research projects and/or general laboratory tasks. For more information about our Crime Lab internship opportunities, click here.
Internship Posting Schedule
- Fall Internship is posted in April.
- Spring Internship is posted in July.
- Summer Internship is posted in January (No longer accepting applications for Summer 2019)
- Complete an assigned research paper by the end of the internship
- Experience numerous areas of service within the Sheriff’s Office
- Participate in police ride-a-long opportunities
- Be eighteen years of age or older.
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Earning college credits through the internship.
- Pass the interview, polygraph examination and background checks.
- Sign liability waivers.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the application (Send the completed application to Deputy Vrabac-Harris)
- Personal Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Investigation
If you are interested in obtaining more information on our Internship Program please contact Deputy Vrabac-Harris.
(Opening the application requires Adobe Reader. To install Adobe Reader, please go to this website: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.)