VitalCore Health Strategies has contracted with Johnson County to provide medical care services to individuals incarcerated at Johnson County Sheriff's Office Detention Facilities. VitalCore Health Strategies strives to bring good management, care and oversight to correctional healthcare. At VitalCore Health Strategies, we believe the corrections industry deserves well run health care. Each VitalCore leader comes with a 20-plus year track record in corrections. From running institutions to monitoring serves, we know what quality looks like.
- The Johnson County Sheriff's Office Detention Facilities are accredited by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC).
- Inmates are offered a medical screening upon arrival.
- The nursing staff provide around the clock care.
- A medical provider is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists and OB/GYN care is provided throughout the week.
- Mental Health treatment is provided by a team of qualified Behavioral Health Providers who are on site Monday - Friday.
- Mental health staff are also available on-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is on site 32 hours per week as well as on-call 24 hours/day, 7 days per week.
- Inmates access routine medical, dental, and mental health services utilizing the ASK kiosk system located in each housing module. All requests will be triaged for urgency by nursing and mental health staff within 24 hours and inmates will be seen in clinic within 48 hours or sooner as indicated by the triage process.
- Nursing staff respond to all medical emergencies announced in the facilities.
- Medical resources in the community, including Emergency Room, Hospitals and specialty clinics, are utilized when medically indicated.
- HIPPA regulations are followed in the facilities. Inmate medical information will not be discussed with unauthorized persons or entities.
- Inmates are subject to copays for some medical and nursing services. To include the following:
|Physician/Nurse Practitioner Clinic:||$10.00|
|Emergency Room Visits:||$10.00 per visit|
|Referrals to outside specialists:||$10.00 per visit|
$5.00 per day (maximum cap of 5 days per hospitalization)
- All inmates have access to and will be provided nursing and medical services regardless of their ability to pay the co-pays referenced above.
- Mental health services and provider clinics identified as chronic care are not subject to co-pays.
- There is a Discharge Medication Program in place and inmates are provided information on the program upon release from the facility.
Need to Contact Us?
The Medical Information Form has been created for family members of inmates who wish to provide information to medical staff about their loved ones who are incarcerated. The form is intended as a one-way communication to VitalCore Health Strategies.
The completed form may be mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered to the Johnson County Adult Detention Center. Fax to 913-715-5979; or mail to Medical Staff:
VitalCore Health Strategies
27745 W. 159th Street
New Century, KS
You may also hand-deliver the form to:
Johnson County Adult Detention Center
27745 W. instructions Street
New Century, KS
If you were previously in custody and wish to obtain your medical records from us, select and complete the appropriate release of information form. Please note there is a fee to obtain your records. You can reach VitalCore at 913-715-5177 for payment instructions. Once you complete the release form, fax to 913-715-5979.
VitalCore Medical Records Release of Information
Johnson County Mental Health / VitalCore Release of Information