Submit My Concealed Carry Application
CONCEALED CARRY HANDGUN LICENSE APPLICATION PROCESS
Applicants to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien and live in Johnson County, Kansas.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Be free from any physical infirmity that prevents safe handling of a weapon.
- Desire a legal means to carry a concealed weapon for lawful self-defense.
- Present evidence of and provide a copy of completion of a "weapons safety and training course" approved by the Kansas Attorney General's Office. Applicants would have to pay for their training course.
- Applications for a CCH license must be completed in their county of residence.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license or non-driver's identification card.
- Must include a photocopy of your Kansas driver's license or Kansas identification card.
- If you are a permanent legal resident, include a copy of your U.S.-issued permanent resident alien registration card.
- Must present a passport-type photo (approximately 2 inches by 2 inches) of the applicant. The photo must be an unobstructed view of their head and shoulders taken within the past 30 days.
Other requirements and payments include:
- Present a cashier's check, money order or personal check payable to the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.
- Please refer to the Kansas Attorney General's website for current application fees.
- All fees submitted are non-refundable.
- Submit to fingerprinting by the Sheriff's Office.
Renewal applications must be notarized and mailed directly to the Attorney General via certified mail, or delivered to the Attorney General in person.
Applicants may obtain the application from the Kansas Attorney General's website.
For frequently asked questions, please visit the Kansas Attorney General's FAQ page.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM, except holidays.
Please note the following:
- Due to high demand, we require an appointment.
- Appointments require a 24 hour advance notice.
- Only one person is allowed to sign up for each 15 minute time slot.
- If you know in advance that you can not make your scheduled appointment time, please cancel online or call 913-715-5511.